Some of Fallout 4’s bugs are getting fixed for Steam users involved in the beta and no, we’re not talking about bloatflies or radroaches.
Aware of the bugginess of their recent release, Bethesda has been working on patching the PC beta version of Fallout 4. The patch notes don’t go into too much detail but here’s some of what you can expect after downloading and applying the update:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
If you’re a Steam user who has opted-in to the beta then here are the steps you will need to follow to make sure that you are up-to-date with the patch:
1. Log into Steam
2. Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
3. Select Settings
4. Select Betas
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
6. Select OK.
7. Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
8. When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
It is strongly recommended that you back up your saves if you plan to do this update… because computers.